TMB Planetary EPs

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm curious but as a glasses wearer, but I push my specs onto my forehead when I'm at the eyepiece. Does anyone else do this?

:wink:

I'm curious about orthos because of the lack of eye relief. I prefer my eyeball right up close to the glass.

:D

yup - do both of those.

Ortho it is then!

Time to sit back and wait....

thanks all for the wise advice

Andrew

It's not often I disagree with Russ but I feel the views given by short focal length orthos are well worth the sacrifices.

hehe I knew it wouldn't go down too well. :wink: But i do like the Ortho's, love em in fact. I just hate looking through a pin hole, which is what you have to do with the 4-6mm Ortho's. That's just me though and i keep buying them because i know the view is simply unbeatable and well worth any investment. I just wish I could enjoy using them at that focal length.

Russ

Taking specs off will work well provided you are short or long sighted. If you have a moderate/high degree of astigmatism then the images will be distorted without specs or contacts. Stars become lines, etc. Those Orthos do sound like they offer a good image though.

Huw.

Here you are SW

http://www.telescopehouse.co.uk/page.aspx?theLang=001lngdef&pointerid=CD806098E532419F85792C1F788D79FC&action=lnk

and, just as an example:

http://www.astrobuysell.com/uk/propview_archive.php?view=12180

(I did mean S/H, btw)

Russ,

I knew eye relief was limited, but if it's literally like... 4mm, then maybe not!

Andrew, I never realised you meant s/h orthos, no. :wink:

As for those "TMB" planetarys on Telescope House - they're not exactly the same as the "real" Burgess/TMB ones on FLO's site. I vaguely remember a discussion about this on Cloudy Nights, but can't remember what the outcome was.

I'd rather pay the £63 from FLO and get what I know is the genuine article. Although they're probably exactly the same in "real" terms! :D

Archived