Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Collimation help

Hello,

It's the first time I've tried collimating my reflector using a 'next generation laser collimator' which seems quite a flimsy device for what it cost. I've spent hours trying to get the collimator laser centered but have had no success with it, and I could tell just by turning it in the tube it was way off centre. I even had somebody at work try to align the laser, am I doing something wrong with it or perhaps a Cheshire eyepiece would be more suited? I've tried over and over with the adjustment screws on the collimator which had been sealed for some reason to align that laser, it's becoming a real heartache. :(

PS: It's collimating the collimator that I'm talking about. :)

Thank you.

If it's any hassle I'd maybe consider just getting a cheshire - spend the money you save on some other bits or towards a new eyepiece? I bet they're good when they work but quiet a few people seem to have issues with them and I'm not sure if it's worth it for the benefit really :rolleyes:

Archived