Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGL7 Cone Nebula

Uranium235

This is something that I forgot to post in the main imaging forum as I had originally posted the quick & dirty version in the SGL7 photo thread. However, Ive now gone back to the data, and properly calibrated/processed it again (the original was done on the spot, in the tent). The OIII portion of the data was caputured at SGL7 (Saturday night), but even from a dark sky site the OIII in this barely registers, so its a case of much redness :)

This time of the year is providing little opportunity for AP, particularly now as we seem to be having a monsoon. Might be a good idea to check whether your gear is safely stored and the obsy secure, I wouldnt want to leave anything out tonight.

NGC2264: Cone nebula (including Christmas tree and Foxfur nebs)

40x450 Ha(L), 14x450 Ha(Red), 14x450 OIII(Green/Blue)

ED80 (0.85x), Atik 314L+, CG5-GT

Calib: Bias and Flats

Setpoint: -10

Thanks for looking :)

Rob

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=64841

post-5513-0-56914100-1339091493_thumb.jp

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice Rob - You've got some lovely detail in there and it's very smooth... and BIG! I made a start on this too (luminance) but unfortunately I only managed two nights at it before the weather beat me... and by the time the next clear sky came around, it had disappeared into "the streetlight zone". Yet another unfinished project... :rolleyes:.

With the forecast being so rubbish for at least the next week, I guess it's time to have a crack at reprocessing (to keep the hand in if nothing else!)

Very nice Rob - You've got some lovely detail in there and it's very smooth... and BIG! I made a start on this too (luminance) but unfortunately I only managed two nights at it before the weather beat me... and by the time the next clear sky came around, it had disappeared into "the streetlight zone". Yet another unfinished project... :rolleyes:.

With the forecast being so rubbish for at least the next week, I guess it's time to have a crack at reprocessing (to keep the hand in if nothing else!)

Cheers Andy, I too will be putting this one back on the shelf until Christmas so I can add some more OIII and grab some SII for a Hubble version - long time to wait though! But, if I play my cards right I might have my twin shooter ready by then....mwhahaha!.. (evil laugh) :D

For now I still have some Ha data on the elephants trunk to play with that I got a couple of weeks ago, but thats only 25x450s so not a lot. With luck, Saturday night will be as clear as forecast so I can start the 2012 version of the Veil ;)

Also, thanks to Simon, Lewis, Dave & Alastair!

For now I still have some Ha data on the elephants trunk to play with that I got a couple of weeks ago, but thats only 25x450s so not a lot. With luck, Saturday night will be as clear as forecast so I can start the 2012 version of the Veil ;) Also, thanks to Simon, Lewis, Dave & Alastair!
I'll PM you about the former, but re: Saturday, I guess I need to get in my car and travel up your way - My forecast for Saturday pm is rubbish! :mad:

Thanks guys :) much appreciated.

It might be my last image for a little bit because my mount is now out of action while I strip the dec axis down for a re-grease (didnt have a great session last night). The EQ6 cant come soon enough, just a little longer to wait!

You're gonna need separate equipment to grind your coffee now! ;)

lol :D

Its noise is indeed quieter & pleasingly different, it sounds like your vixen when slewing except there is a bit of a rattle when it starts and stops (which is normal). The only other thing is that it makes a very high pitched noise, like a capacitor type sound - is that normal for an NEQ6?

Archived