Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Help with EQ5 Pro mod connecting to PC

spacetrace

Hello,

I require a bit of help, I decided to take the plunge and purchase upgrade synscan for EQ5 mount, which I have fitted and it works fine. I also puchased this cable http://www.opticstar.com/Run/Astronomy/Astro-Accessories-Imagers-Shoestring.asp?p=0_10_5_0_5_66 so I can connect it direct to USB and controll via PC. I have EQMOD software installed and the drivers for the port installed I tried to connect last night but it is not finding the scope. I have checked the COM ports and they are set to the correct ones.. not sure what esle.... have I brought the right cable?? and does this by pass the handset??

Thanks

Looks like the correct cable to connect the mount to the PC.

No need for the handcontroller.

You will need a planetarium software package (to interface with EQMOD etc )

I use Cartes du Ciel (CdC) with my HEQ5pro and NEQ6pro mounts....

When the CdC is installed you can select the EQmod as the telescope control interface.

HTH

Hi Guys, thank you for your replies.. i've sorted it. It seems that when I plugged in the cable my PC decided that it should use the drivers from a previously installed serial to USB converter and therefore did not assign the FTDI driver to the port.. so once I had sorted out the driver and rebooted it all connects spot on and slews using cartes du ciel. Im excited and need clear skies to test this out!

Do any of you use this set up for AP, if so, unguided how long an exposure do you manage with these motors.. Ive previoulsy had dual axis motors fitted and could manage around 1min 20 seconds with trailing starting to appear.. is this improved with PEC training?

Archived