High Winds Warning

Freff

Things don't look very good in Wales and west country over the next 24hrs.

High winds and heavy rain expected with winds gusts to 70mph. :eek:

I will be checking on my obsy later today to make sure everything is battened down and secure.

Yes, I've heard the weather forecast - GRIM!! My roof is well secured - I'm not taking any chances - don't want a repeat of last time!

Yes, I've heard the weather forecast - GRIM!! My roof is well secured - I'm not taking any chances - don't want a repeat of last time!

I added a couple of extra fixings after your experience. My roof is now tied down in seven places.

Certainly a tad breezy here this evening and looks set to continue through tomorrow. Good news: there's clear sky forecast for tomorrow night. Bad news: it's far too windy to use a telescope :(

James

over in norfolk here and boy its blowin hard.

i made a greenhouse from a cheap plastic covered growhouse, just before my heart op. never got around to adding a door to it.

glad to say my plastic covered greenhouse is still standing even with these 60mph gusting winds and no door fitted.

but the dream of owning an observatory is still but a dream.

lets hope it blows over quick and leaves us with nice clear skys.

Archived