Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Venus Transit From Nicosia

Zendrix

5:30am for me... my first solar pictures ever! Well worth the effort... :)

I don't know still how to stack pictures or what is the right way to process them... I'm starting to read about it now, i hope i'll manage the basics soon! Enough of talking.. here are my humble results:

post-23812-0-80746700-1339000215_thumb.j

post-23812-0-70473800-1339000277_thumb.j

I regretted not having the adapter to use the eyepieces with the camera... but I still enjoyed! :)

Cheers,

Rui

Nice enough! Especially the first one, that shows spots and limb darkening. Second is a bit overexposed obviously, although sharper. We had some wind, so it was quite messy, but no matter at the 3rd contact atmosphere was visible in 8" which is by far most interesting few seconds of the event.

you're right... i wish i could have the Focus from the secong with the exposure from the first... in my LCD it seemed that this second pic«s amount of loght was the right one... but obviously it wasn't and only experience brings results! :) now i know and in 2117 i'll get it right!

Cheers,

Rui

thank you alexandra! Kind words from you! :)

I saw your pictures of the Sun! WOW.. What a long way i still have in front of me! :)

How do you get this amount of detail? Do you take several shots and stack them? if so, how many and in which program?

Thank you :)

Cheers,

Rui

Thanks Rui,

I use a webcam type camera (DMK41) and take around 1000 images (it takes 15 frames per second). I then use this avi and process using Autostakkert 2. This is a very easy program and very simple for beginners. Basically load your avi, tick surface, press button 2 and wait, then go to the picture window and set the alignment points to 40 and press add, I usually stack the best 10-15%, then press button 3 and wait. With the resulting TIFF image I sometimes use very marginal wavelets in Registax 5 but do most and sometimes all the sharpening in Photoshop CS5 using the Smart sharpen tool.

I hope this helps, if you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards

Alexandra

Ah! Great!

Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it! I was wondering if i could get similar results if i set my Canon 1000d to take, lets say, 20 continuous shots until i get the maximum possible and them stack them. Do this programs align the pictures, even if the sun moved its position in relation to the picture frame? or you need to be following it exactly?

Thanks,

Rui

Archived