Narrowband

Did You See The Venus Transit?

DrRobin

Hi,

I didn't see it from Newcastle Upon Tyne, but I know several of you did. I created a Google map to show where it was seen and will gladly post your pin and photo if you reply below. If you tried and didn't see it, let me have the location and I will add those as well. Green means spotted, Red means not.

Come on everyone, let's see if we can get as many places as possible on the map.

The link for the map is

http://maps.google.c...cd1a0619ffcee11

post-10602-0-96259800-1338987180_thumb.j

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Overnight weather info was encouraging as radar maps showed clearer skies racing in from the SW.

It was the bright clear moon that jumped out of the clouds around 4:15am that convinced me to pack the gear into the car and go hunt a more southerly local spot with an unimpeded NE spot. Fortunately we got a sneak view 10km south of Coventry, through bands of mid level clouds from about 5:10am onwards. Some milky sun, some fast moving clouds and some occasional very clear spots - fleeting glimpses but the chase was worth it !

Hi,

Loads and loads of replies now. I have updated the map several times. Here is a snippet of the UK, looks like a band across the south saw it and everone else was unlucky.

Keep them coming, lets get all of the UK and as many places from all over the world.

Next step add the pictures.

post-10602-0-78848700-1338992352_thumb.j

Archived