SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Venus Transit From Southern Ireland

Rihard

Hi all,

the weather wasn't promising but I thought I would stay under the rain and take the chance.

At sunrise, I started shooting without any filter (humidity and clouds were enough as filters) and I'm so happy I was able to capture Venus passing in front of the sun :D :D :Envy:

Click to enlarge:

post-17725-0-75867900-1338960398_thumb.j

post-17725-0-09391100-1338960426_thumb.j

Nice pics :) Cloudy here like a lot of the UK. There were gaps in the cloud but they didn't coincide with sunrise in the right direction. Great that some people got to see and capture it :)

Thanks Gina, I was feeling hopeless as well because of the clouds, the only gap was actually there around east, but when the sun popped up I tried to shot and I've seen that tiny black spot , then I felt really lucky :D I was only able to take another 4 or 5 quick shots when the sun disappeared behind the clouds again....

Thanks all for the comments :)

It appears that the a lot of people in Great Britain haven't enjoyed this event because of the clouds. :embarrassed:

You should get all together and make a class action against the weather man :p

Archived