Greetings From Stonehenge

Vaders-telescope

Hi

A warm welcome to the SGL

Your wife has done to proud with that scope and with the dark skies in your area you should see lots

you may need a better 10mm eyepieces as the one you get with the scope is not that good you will understand when you up grade it

it is also very good for transporting to other sites not to heavy

have you down loaded "stellarium" it will show you around the sky and where to look and what to see and it's FREE

clear skies

Cheers Doug. Yeah I'm really chuffed with it. Just need time to get it set up. Down heres great for dark skies. I have an idea of where to go so il try it out. Thanks again for the advice on the eyepiece. Il look into at a later date. Just want to get the scope up and viewing! It seems light enough to shift about. I've bought a couple of huge bags to carry it around in. Amazon was selling a golf bag travel bag (if that makes sense) called a Bullet and its the perfect size for the scope itself and my wife bought me a large holdall for the tripod and bits. I would download the stallarium app but I don't have ios5 yet as my laptop gone nuts! I have star walk and solar walk and the flat disc thing ( can't remember what it's called!) to guide me. First things first is I want to look at Betelgeuse then il roam from there.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Welcome. You'll get great views of the planets with that. It's a long'en isn't it :-)

I REALLY hope so. I found a golf travel bag to carry it round in. Made me laugh when I unpacked the telescope in front of my wife. I think she was abit shocked at the size also. The classic " it didn't look that big in the picture" moment.

Hi

A warm welcome to the SGL

Your wife has done to proud with that scope and with the dark skies in your area you should see lots

you may need a better 10mm eyepieces as the one you get with the scope is not that good you will understand when you up grade it

it is also very good for transporting to other sites not to heavy

have you down loaded "stellarium" it will show you around the sky and where to look and what to see and it's FREE

clear skies

Sorry Doug but where, what, how should I go about 10mm eyepiece?

Hi , and didnt you do well :)

I travel up and down the 303 and on clear nights have been found, up the slip by the cell tower down the road from you, by the local constabulary a couple of times, ello ello whats going on here then , show one of them Saturn and you hear come here look at this, then they go away happy . Sky is so clear and dark there

• 2 months later...

Archived