Greetings From Stonehenge

Vaders-telescope

Just a note to say hi to everyone. I'm a serious newbie who's had an interest for years but never plunged in and bought a telescope. Funnily enough I didn't buy one...... My wife bought it for me. A shiny Skywatcher 150PL EQ3. I had no choice in what I received but as it's (I think) huge I'm really not complaining. I know have lots and lots to learn. I'm trying to contact a local club to help me started but as of yet no reply but that maybe to do with the jubilee celebrations and the Venus thing going on. Anyway there will be lots of probably daft questions landing on these forum pages so please be patient with. I'm not the sharpest knife in the box!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi and welcome to Sgl ,that's a fines ope and mount you have,your local group should get you up to speed .and they great way o meet people local to you enjoy the scop reflectors are brill

Pat

Hi

A warm welcome to the SGL

Your wife has done to proud with that scope and with the dark skies in your area you should see lots

you may need a better 10mm eyepieces as the one you get with the scope is not that good you will understand when you up grade it

it is also very good for transporting to other sites not to heavy

have you down loaded "stellarium" it will show you around the sky and where to look and what to see and it's FREE

clear skies

Archived