SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What Are The Chances Of Seeing Venus Transit Tomorrow Morning In Uk?

blusky

I'm setting my alarm for 5am and will b watching it live from Birmingham....online :-P got no chance of seeing it here anyway :-(( x

Going to Warren Lane, Lickey Hills at 4.30am as BBC and met off show slight break in cloud around 4.00am, not holding much hope but I'll need to be 160 years old to see it again so it is worth a punt.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My mate Andy and I were out and set-up by 4.20am this morning....

About 50 minutes after the transit had ended the cloud (north of Lichfield) cleared enough to view plenty of sun spots (some lovely detail in the Penumbra - I can see now why 'they' say that early morning and late afternoon are great times to view the sun).... better to have tried I suppose than not to have tried at all....

Ohh well, only another 100+ years to wait - now where did I put that cryogenics brochure!!!!

Damian

I set my alarm, drove to the top of a hill a mile from my house in Daventry and waited.

I was sitting under a Blue sky, the sun was rising through a veil of thin(ish) cloud. Not thin enough to see the Suns disc but thin enough to know where it was. The thin clouds were receeding towards the East and it looked like they might just clear the sun in time, so I waited........

and waited..........

and waited...........

AND AT 06:00hrs the Sun burst through, bright and clear........ JUST AFTER VENUS HAD LEFT THE SCENE Grrrrrrrrrr :mad: :mad:

Waking up and seeing thick cloud would have been much better than waking up only to be teased until a few minutes after the event. I would have done the same as you James and got a few extra hours kip.

Archived