Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What Are The Chances Of Seeing Venus Transit Tomorrow Morning In Uk?

blusky

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think you may be a day early so now you have the added benefit knowing youll be having nightmares all night tonight about getting up tooooo early tomorrow lol

Phew! I feel so much better about staying in bed now. :grin:

Rain forecast here as well. Still setting the alarm for 10 minutes to sunrise. I can have the scope set up in 5, but most likely will simply look out of the window, swear under my breath so as not to wake the missus, and go back to bed. At least I got some piccies last time round.

So how many of us know the weather is terrible, but keep checking the forecast every hour regardless, just in case the weather men were playing a late April Fool joke?

While I'm not holding out much hope, I saw the sun was out early this morning, so was setting my scope up in the garden shortly after 8am to get the focus set for the camera to save time and effort in the morning. The sun was in and out of the clouds constantly, but I managed a reasonable focus, and snapped the following picture which is most likely the closest I'll come to catching the transit!

580092_400839186626187_100001003274580_1079566_170354197_n.jpg

Weather is clear in brighton according to bbc
. They need to get someone to look out the window because it's chucking it down and has been since about 12:30. What a bunch of morons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They definitely said totally clear for early am and most of this morning, too, but I could see the clouds coming in at 11pm last night and this morning it was cloudy as anything. Cannot be trusted!

Looks like the clouds are going to scupper any chance of seeing the transit from here tomorrow. Just typical that. I'll be 154 years old the next time this happens and way too old to be lifting heavy scopes around so I'm not likely to see it then either. :eek:

Luke

Have seen one forecast which have a chance of a break in the cloud around sunrise so am going to set the alarm and give it a go. Not going to drive anywhere, will walk up onto the Heath and see if I can catch it

Stu

Going up to Haytor for sun up tomorrow if it looks promising, only means getting up an hour earlier than normal, car`s loaded up ready to go and then straight to work afterwards, should start work at 6am but as it's overtime i dont have to be on time :-)

I would say pretty much 100% chance of seeing it on the TV or internet lol

I suggest I'll be zizzing - I'm still madly hoping that I'll wake up at 3am and the sky will be lovely, but I may just console myself with a Gilmour number the next morning...

Any guesses which one ? ;-)

I've come down to the south just for this with all the stuff, right out in the countryside with hardly any light pollution....andddd not had one clear night! Already bummed about that but the spam of every forecast I can find isn't helping the depression about the transit :(

COME ON CLOUDS PLEASEEEEE SHIFT IN THE MORNING!

I'm still setting an alarm to get ready and will prey to the stars above that the clouds will break!

Archived