SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What Are The Chances Of Seeing Venus Transit Tomorrow Morning In Uk?

blusky

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone see it from the North East / Scarborough way? I want to feel better about staying in bed. Just before 9am now and it is almost complete cloud cover.

Think you may be a day early so now you have the added benefit knowing youll be having nightmares all night tonight about getting up tooooo early tomorrow lol

Did anyone see it from the North East / Scarborough way? I want to feel better about staying in bed. Just before 9am now and it is almost complete cloud cover.

HEHE your a day early mate :grin:

Brings back memories of being really wee and waking up on Christmas Eve, rushing downstairs and..................

Its still 11pm 24th december :grin:

Im going to watch it on tonight live on

http://events.slooh.com

I cant be bothered to get up at 4 to get ready to go somewhere where I can actually see the sun coming up. Only last half an hour or so as it is finishing its transit plus I reckon its cloudy anyway. And I gotta go to work at 8. Shame I dont live in america who seem to have the front seat with a lot of sky events

The square root of bog-all for the Isle of Wight by the looks of things.

The WX looks to be clouds overnight breaking up mid-morning tomorrow so it can shower more rain onto us (as it is now in fact).

Still, I will be up on Culver down by the Sea cliffs looking towards an eastern sea horizon should the tiniest of gaps occur, with

my 8" newt and PST on the back seat - filters in place.

Actually, I had the whole Transit clear back in 2004 and so twice in 105 years is pushing it in the UK.

Good luck (Tonight or tomorrow morn) where ever in the world you are,

Regards,

Mick.

Still looking like wall-to-wall cloud here in Oxon.

Nonetheless I made my solar filter this morning - much more in hope than in expectation, but I would have been gutted if there was a sudden change in the weather.

So I'm still planning on heading out at stupid o'clock tomorrow just in case...

Archived