Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New Forum Software

malc-c

A number of the original defaults for allowing new members access seem to have been 50 posts - though most have now been changed.

Maybe this one is still set at 50?

jason.p couldn't see it when he was under 50 posts but HE CAN NOW @ 51 posts :)

Maybe if I keep posting I'll be able to see it!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No! - The option is not there - I have a menu that lists:

email & password

Ignore preferences

Manage attachments

Notification options

My notifications

There is no mention of signature

Have a look under "manage attachments". That's where I found it .......eventually!!

Jason

Getting used to it on pc now, but it doesn't look very good on my mobile now, just white and bland :cry:

Will there be any improvement to the mobile site does anyone know? :icon_scratch:

D.C

Signature edit should be fixed for people now - you have to wait until you have ten posts to use it though - same as the old forum.

I've also made a number of font/colour changes - you will probably have to refresh a few times to see them - please use the other thread I've started for font/colour discussions - just to help me keep things in one place!

Cheers,

Grant

One thing which really needs fixing is the spell check (the browser's ability to implement its own checker, I should say). Firefox has a built-in spell check which underlines words that are spelled incorrectly. However, it only works in certain forms. It won't, for instance, work on Google's search bar. It used to work quite happily with the old SGL but with the new one any mis-spelled words aren't underlined. That's rather a regression in function, I'm afraid.

Getting used to it on pc now, but it doesn't look very good on my mobile now, just white and bland :cry:

Will there be any improvement to the mobile site does anyone know? :icon_scratch:

D.C

Just press the button at the bottom of the page to get to the proper site if you don't like the mobile one.

It looks more elegant but the contrast on some areas is very low. e.g. on the message list within a forum. The different shades of black look very similar. Slightly more contrast would be nice.

I agree very much with this. I may be a whiner but I actually find the low contrast a bit unpleasant.

But apart from this it all looks nice.

Good luck with the new design :cheesy:

I like the new look. But I seem to have lost all subscriptions to threads and every single thread is now marked as unread. Was that to be expected?

Having said that, I still see al the subscribed threads under "Content You Follow", but I don't seem to get any email notifications any longer...

I still can't find any options for smileys. I might be being a bit stupid, but I can't seem to find the option for changing fonts either. Maybe it's because I'm on Safari...?

This is what my screen looks like when I hit quote to reply...

smile.png

Without the big green arrow, that is. That's on a laptop :)

Not as good visually as the old format, fixed it for now using squeakys' excellent skin changer button :cool: ; that should stop my eyes from failing completely!

.... that's interesting, the jpg posted here just appears for a moment and then vanishes! :huh:

post-11899-0-13856000-1338919171_thumb.j

Archived