Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep3_banner.thumb.jpg.5533fb830ae914798f4dbbdd2c8a5853.jpg

malc-c

New Forum Software

Oh does anyone know how to Follow this topic automatically when replying?

I'm guessing by pressing the follow topic button:

post-5361-0-87293700-1338834434_thumb.jp

I like it, but the text size needs to be a tad bigger for my uber large hi-res monitor. :laugh:

LOL thanks, but that's an extra prod/click, in the old software it was enabled by default :laugh:

In the new classified section the while boxes that show the price and also the seller contact seems to be off a bit with the CSS as I can not really read the writing as it's a very pale grey on while. I am using Firefox and it also shows the same in Chrome.

In the old forum you were presented a snippet of the post when hovering over the subject line, now it just shows you the subject and the start date when hovering.

In "My Settings", there's an "auto-follow topics I reply to option" that you can check and say how you want to be notified.

James

I like the new look, like anything new it takes a while to get used the new features :)

Well spent an hour or so looking around the new forum layout and i must say first impressions are 100% positive - well done

The smileys are found down at the bottom right hand corner under "More Reply Otions"

Are they? I can't see them :( I have "Enable Emoticons?" checked. I'm using Firefox. The smilies I'm using are typed in text.

What does "Follow this topic?" mean?

You can also use smilies from the 'replt to this topic' box at the bottom as you start typing the box opens and if you click the smiley face at the top a box appears under the text box full of smileys, click the arrow to find more ( I found sometimes 1 click lead to a blank smiley box but a further click found more) using firefox also for info. Ps your avatar gone AWOL Gina?

Typing "colon right-parenthesis" gets converted to a smiley for me, Gina. Is that the sort of thing you're talking about?

"Follow this thread" is, as far as I can see, the same as "subscribe to this thread" in the old system, but you may need to tweak your settings to get it to send you emails if that's what you're after.

James

Sorry I'm still getting no smileys anywhere on the page. Emoticons are enabled and once I click on the box to use text nothing extra appears anywhere on the page. Weird.

Ps your avatar gone AWOL Gina?
I didn't have an avatar before but I've just uploaded one :)

I like it, but the text size needs to be a tad bigger for my uber large hi-res monitor. :evil6:

Can't you zoom in in your browser? In Firefox and some others it's control key and plus. Edited by Gina

Very sleek,is great better than the other by miles,the gallery is another gret one all in all mega

Great work by the team

You can also use smilies from the 'replt to this topic' box at the bottom as you start typing the box opens and if you click the smiley face at the top a box appears under the text box full of smileys, click the arrow to find more ( I found sometimes 1 click lead to a blank smiley box but a further click found more) using firefox also for info.

AHA!!! :) Found it :) Thanks :):Envy:
  • Like 1

I didn't have an avatar before but I've just uploaded one :)

Really? I'm more confused than I thought, updating the site software has fried my brains cells! (the few I had anyway :D )

I just zoomed (using View-zoom) on IE9 and it certainly would make viewing easier for those who have to hold their monitor at arms length ;) . Personally I'm quite happy with the normal view.

Beginning to find me way around now :) I think think this software looks sleeker than vBulletin :):hello2::coffee2:

its soo shiny... ooh, look new features. :D

Where have all the posted pictures gone?

Yes i cant see any of my posted pics in my threads :huh:

does any one know when they will be reinstated?

Regards

Ben :icon_salut:

1st post for me in the new software, must say I think it looks good...... might take a wee while to get to know where things are but on the whole, thumbs up from me guys.....

Gary

Liking the all new classifieds section