Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New Forum Software

malc-c

For me the jury is still out regarding the new forum software - it seems to be slower to load on my PC, and the text once the post is uploaded is small, hopefully these two things will be resolved as the Admin team make the final tweaks etc. One thing that I can't seem to find is the "new posts" option that used to be at the top of the menu - any pointers

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It'll take some getting used to that's for sure. I always seem to be getting used to something new so this doesn't phase me. I'm never sure I like a new look when a board decides to change it's look and feel. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I shall like it once I've got used to it :laugh:

Can't say it seems any quicker or slower on my system, I like the new look and feel to the site but as with all new things its going to take some getting used to! If only I had some clear skies to post something useful on thte forum! Reserve a bit of critique, I suspect the admins are under a heavy load at the moment and its all being done in our interest. By the way is the whole 'memebers', 'advanced members' etc thing new or just that I have been blind to it before?

The member status and post count in our public profile is new. Not sure i like our post count being displayed publically, as i have seen it lead to snide comments on other forums in the past.

That's not a new feature, the information was present on the old software under the statistics tab wasn't it?

I agree that it seems to have got a lot slower. Also the iPod version of the software is just a white boring forum, which doesn't make it look good.

Also does anyone know how to get to the control panel but which shows you new posts in the threads you have subscribed to? ( ...It used to be so easy...!)

Why am I now just a new member instead of a nebula or vacuum - that was much more fun!

That's not a new feature, the information was present on the old software under the statistics tab wasn't it?

Yes it was. It was hidden though from the public profile when we posted comments. Now it is there for all to see without checking out our profiles.

No biggie though.

Yes it was. It was hidden though from the public profile when we posted comments. Now it is there for all to see without checking out our profiles.

No biggie though.

<----- You mean over there? (Not sure which bit you are referring to :) )

Thought it was always there too :laugh:

No doubt I'll get used to it in time, but so far I can't say I like it very much.

It looks far too fussy for my taste.

Also it doesn't seem to play nice with Safari, I had to switch to a different browser in order to make this post - it wouldn't let me enter any text in Safari.

My signature's also disappeared - even though 'enable signatgure' is ticked.

Cheers ... Ian

I think ithe new software looks good. As to performance etc., I think we should give it a chance to settle down a bit before pronoucing judgement. It's a rainy bank holiday weekend after all and we've all had to wait 12 hours or so before being able to log on AND lots of people checking out the new look etc....

I've always been able to see everyone's post count. I thought everyone have been able to see the same.

Does anyone know where the smilleys are now?

The smileys are found down at the bottom right hand corner under "More Reply Otions"

While at first glance it looks harder to read - white blobs for new posts in threads/forum for example - it seems a lot more finger friendly... meaning some of the functions like Mark all as read are easier to access than the old menus+small menus.

Like any change, there are pros and cons that must be weighed up, and all the pros might not be appreciated by everyone right away... just my tuppence worth :laugh:

Oh does anyone know how to Follow this topic automatically when replying?

Archived