Narrowband

Orion+Running Man Remake

OXO

We have a clear, though not very transparent, sky at the moment. I went out and had a look at the moon and Mars, and by then the clouds had cleared away from Orion, and I went looking for M42. Because I couldn't see the sword with my unaided eye, I put the scope in about the right place, and wiggled it around until I found something. I saw the running man first, recognized it from the photo, and then moved the scope a little to include the nebula. Another tick on the list. :clouds2:

Well, as I say, I recognized it immediately. It was upside-down in my scope, of course, and the stars were a tad sharper, visually. The Orion Neb was a little muted, I think by the LP and general lack of transparency, and I didn't bother going above 30x, so I had about the same FOV as your photo once I got the Orion Neb into the picture.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived