SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Post your favourite close up lunar crater shot..........

Mike73

As the title says really, lets see your favourite pic you've taken of a lunar crater (name of crater would also be good).

I have an alternative motive for this thread. I'd like to practice sketching while we have these light cloudy evenings so rather than scour the web for pics I thought it would be good to see what the SGLers can produce. :hello2:

Any takers?

Would love to do some super close imaging of moon sometime at moment with me cams testing with telescope havent got round to using barlow yet with moon get that more closer :hello2: i need to change settings on me cam sometime as when use barlow all dark on imaging sensor.

As close up as I can get with my equipment. Not sure the name if the region or craters, please identify.

the main region id the appenines mountain range, i should know some of the craters and the mare but senile dementure has set in today

My closest using me basic equipment probably be this not sure if used barlow or 1.5 x

from last year this one is clavius crater

Think i used wii cam for imaging for that pic no stacking or nothing just simple snap shot

and i know if used barlow lens it be lot closer and darker.

i now use avi recording when i do me astro imaging :) and get images from stacking software.

closestmoon1.jpg

Hi all this was my 1st go at a close up of a crater, of course it had to be plato. It was captured early 2011 with my spc 880, 2x barlow attached to my 127 mak, not the sharpest images and under exsposed but i was happy with it as a 1st go.

Regards

Ben

post-12056-0-18959900-1338893209_thumb.p

Archived