Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

Oily

Just a quick hello

Hello!!

My name is Darren,I'm from Manchester,UK.

Looking to learn a few things as they say "your never to old to learn"

Always had an interest in the stars/planets,wanting to take it a little bit further now so I bought myself a Heritage 130P Flextube as my first scope.

I've added a GSO X2 barlow to complement the 10mm/25mm EP's that came with the scope and I bought myself a HoTech laser collimator which I used for the first time the other day.

So far I've managed to look at Jupiter and it's moons,Saturn was simply breathtaking,made all the expense worthwhile,even woke my youngest(12yrs old) at 1.00AM to view it such was my excitement!!The moon again is fantastic,to see such detail even when the scope isn't performing at it's best(needed to be collimated :hello2:)

Hope to add to the forum were I can

Darren

Hi Darren, welcome to the lounge and enjoy your journey throught the cosmos.

Edited by ToxoLight

Hi Darren and welcome to the forum. Great that you are enjoying yourself and there plenty more to see.

Clear skies

James

Hi Darren, welcome to SGL :hello2:

Welcome to SGL from one Machester Darren to another. Where about in Manchester are you? If your near Salford come along to Salford Astronomical Society, a great bunch and very helpful. Details of our meetings etc can be found on our website www.salfordastro.org.uk or follow us on twitter @SalAstroSoc

Hi Darren welcome to SGL I'm new here myself you have come to the right place here

everyone here will help you were they can.

Geoff

Welcome to SGL from one Machester Darren to another. Where about in Manchester are you? If your near Salford come along to Salford Astronomical Society, a great bunch and very helpful. Details of our meetings etc can be found on our website www.salfordastro.org.uk or follow us on twitter @SalAstroSoc

Hi Darren,I'm from the Radcliffe/Whitefield area.Funnily enough I was just looking at the above,might have to pop down one Wednesday evening but it won't be this week due to working 12hr shifts all next week :hello2: