SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Exposures to play with during the summer?

Xplode

Hey

I'm pretty new to astrophography and haven't really gotten any good exposures yet since i only have access to equipment at my astronomy club's observatory.

I wonder if someone could be so kind to share some exposures with me that i could learn myself and teach the rest of the guys in the club how to stack and process images?

Here's my 2 first pictures taken with a Canon EOS 5D MKII thru a LX200 16"

10 min single exposures @ iso 1600

Alexander

post-29964-133877783199_thumb.jpg

post-29964-133877783205_thumb.jpg

It's not very dark here during the summer ( i live in Norway) so the clubs observatory is closed till fall and i don't have a motorized mount at home yet to use.

I'm hoping that someone could share a set of subs i could play with till i can use the observatory again or get my own gear.

Later this year, hopefully before fall i'm gonna get my own gear and are probably buying an Skywatcher NEQ6 Pro SynTrek to use with EQMOD and a Skywatcher MN190

Hi there - I'm very happy to put some raw subs/calibration frames in my dropbox for you to play with... I have both mono and DSLR stacks if you want them. If there's any in my gallery that you think you'd like to have a play with, please drop me a PM...

Hi Alexander

I have some recent subs of the crescent nebula that you are more than welcome to practise on. The subs are at http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49530954/cres_010.zip

and some darks, flats and bias files are at http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49530954/other%20files.zip. The files are in fits format but most stacking packages will load them.

Cheers John.

Thanks AstroLuke :hello2:

With a little longer exposure it would probably have been ever better.

My plans to make subs with the LX200 better is to use a F6.3 reducer, more rigid guidescope mount and make an adapter to use instead of the SCT thread so there's less vignetting.

Thanks to everyone willing to share their subs, this is helping a lot in learning to process them so i'll att least be able to do the basics before the next season.

Again thanks for being so helpfull :)

Alexander

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone helping out with the subs.

I haven't had much time playing with them yet, but will post some results soon.

On friday i ordered a NEQ6 syntrek mount from Germany that should be here in 3-4 weeks.

It's currently not dark enough here in Norway for any imaging at night now so i'll use the mount for imaging the sun when i get it.

Alexander

• 2 weeks later...

Archived