SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

First light - mixed feelings

To save the back problems I use a nice office chair on wheels. This means I can move round on the chair with my eye at the eyepiece.

I've just switched out the finderscope for the Baader skysurfer V red dot sight and it is just so accurate and solid. When funds allow I'll be putting another one on my second scope. A fantastic sight.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wrt your bad back, I was finding the finderscope difficult to use so put the word out that I was after any old low coffee table that anyone was getting rid of. A week later a friend delivered an old chipped 18" high table - perfect for raising the scope.

Re your finder, it may be that you have not used the little rubber O ring that comes with it. the ring sits in a little groove in the finder tube just near the front end of the finder bracket when the finder is in place. this makes all the difference to holding finder position.

Is that what it's for? The sort of rubber band/gasket thing?!

It was wrapped around the finder bracket when I bought my scope and I just left it there, not really knowing what to do with it.

Archived