Narrowband

ASTRONOMY FOR KIDS

wackyscot

Hi guys n gals. I've been asked to do a talk at my local primary school for 10 y.o's. :( Just wondered if anyone here has done this and has any resources that you could pass on for the talk. Internet links, pdf's or word docs would be a help

nervously yours:eek:

David

There was a thread about this a week or so back. Perhaps not even that. Don't immediately recall who started it I'm afraid. One of the South Wales posse, perhaps?

James

Don't forget to explain what the stars are (or, rather, what the Sun is). It's an amazing realisation; my 7-year-old Nephew-to-be said "woah!!" yesterday when I explained this to him shortly after giving him a telescope for his Birthday :(

It was also this realisation that got Carl Sagan fascinated in Astronomy. It's even better now we can say for certain that most stars have planets orbiting them.

Hi guys n gals. I've been asked to do a talk at my local primary school for 10 y.o's. :( Just wondered if anyone here has done this and has any resources that you could pass on for the talk. Internet links, pdf's or word docs would be a help

nervously yours:eek:

David

Hi David,

I've done a talk at my daughter's primary school the last couple of years on the Solar System as all the kids do a project in primary 6. :(

I've got a power point presentation and several astro videos including one of buzz lightyear on the ISS which the kids loved that you could have.

Feel free to give me a call mate, I'd be happy to help you out. :)

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Archived