Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

127 Mak Moon 29th May

bm1980

Hi all go out for an hour or so tonight for a bit of crater hopping on the moon just as it was going dark, before i came in thought i would get a quick snap seen as the seeing was so good. Anyway this is a single frame taken with my DSLR prime focus on my 127 Mak, hope you like all coments are welcome.

Regards

Ben :(

post-24720-133877781837_thumb.jpg

Superb Moon image you got there well done :hello2: i was out the same night with my 127 mak and the view looked exactly the same so as you did i thought i'd snap a few subs but when i got in i realised i had a few settings wrong and the whites were all blown out :) wasted 60 good subs that night so great to see your results .

Superb Moon image you got there well done :) i was out the same night with my 127 mak and the view looked exactly the same so as you did i thought i'd snap a few subs but when i got in i realised i had a few settings wrong and the whites were all blown out :p wasted 60 good subs that night so great to see your results .

Thanks Alan sorry to hear that 60 frames wasted :(gutted

I havent tried stacking single dslr frames, you have had some really nice results doing this, i will have to try next time

Regards

Ben :hello2:

Hi all i have been playing around with this image quite a lot, i thought i would crop it to see if i would loose any detail and i was pleased with the crop. Let me know what you all think of it.

Regards

Ben :hello2:

post-24720-133877783284_thumb.jpg

Nice work! Lovely focus and exposure, borne out by the quality you've maintained in the cropped version.

(Sort of makes me wonder why I bother with a webcam and hours of processing...)

Nice work! Lovely focus and exposure, borne out by the quality you've maintained in the cropped version.

(Sort of makes me wonder why I bother with a webcam and hours of processing...)

Thanks Ash, i agree but i think i was blessed with very good seeing on the night, usually a stacked image is better than any single image, but it just shows how much detail can be imaged with the right conditions.

Regards

Ben

Thats a nice crop you did there Ben my fav feature on the moon aswell :)

Thanks Alan, yes it is a really fasinating region of the lunar surface there is so much going on in a relativly small area.

Regards

Ben

Archived