what should i buy first?

garethmob

i have a small but growing list of things i need to buy:P so i was wondering if any one could help priotise them for me

so heres the list in no particular order

baader CaK filter

ball head (most likely a manfrotto) but must have a 3/4" screw on the bottem

guider system, guide camera, finder duel bar, or hot shoe which ever is cheapest,

astronomiser 12v canon power adapter

gel leasure battery (i have a friend who could help me build a battery box with every thing i will ever need)

also any suggestions on what the items or similar alternatives will be helpful! :(

I think we all have lists of kit we desire (need) to get and I'm surprised yours is so short!:(

The one thing that I would get stuck into is the 'battery project' because without decent power and good connections, running any kind of imaging rig/lap top etc is a little tricky. You might want to take a look over on the DIY section for some ideas on what is possible, as there are some impressive creations there with all sort of bells and whistles to indicate voltage output etc.

Keep adding to the list! :(

James

lol for me i have a list of things i "want" but thats a list of things i really want thats in a realistic grasp of me buying any time soon :( hence short hehe

i can see what you mean with the power for me its only going to power an astrotrac, DSLR and a macbook pro as thats all i want in a imaging rig :(

mmmmmmmmmm i have an idea on it but i dont know if it will be practical for me, i have a really bad habbit of buying stuff for projects, and then them not doing anything

eg : build a solar panel

build a high powered 12v LED light for my marine fish tank,

build a telescope

build computer network business

:)

well everythin i own is effectivly in my signature

the CaK is for the megrez with solar viewing (more likely imaging though)

ball head (the AT has a 3/4 screw on top where my ball head dosent so i need a new ball head to put my camera onto)

the guider system, im not going to be buying a eq 6 ect for my imaging just using the AT with the AZ3, so portability is already out so id like to try steady AP images with out star trails, some one mentioned in another thread i could mount a finder guider on the DSLRs hotshoe but im not sure how to do that

my DSLRs batterys usally last 10 3min photos sometimes 20 3mins but keep needing rechagarging so the astronomiser power adapter would be needed i also thought of a 12v - 240v adapter just to keep charging the camera but i would cause movement in the frames as i keep changing them

an i currently have a pretty packed in 12v maplins 4 in 1 jump starter that dosent last long:P so power,

so really i need power to make everything run, but to use the astrotrac i need a ball head for my camera, but for the camera to run properly i need the cable, which leaves power:P

and the CaK is on its own :(

Archived