Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First Saturn :)

SionR25

Hi everyone,

Got my first Saturn image two nights ago and have been messing about with it since. Posted the first version in beginners forum but since have brought a bit more detail out of it.

Does anyone have any tips for how best to get Saturn with a SPC990/Neximage?

Thanks for looking,

Sion

post-33557-133877781788_thumb.jpg

was that taken with the 200p? Does your scope track?

first thing i'd recommend would be a x2 or x3 barlow to increase the size of the image...of course that then brings in other challenges such as keeping the image on the chip!

Ye, was with 200p but it can't track. I have the skywatcher deluxe barlow but it seems to have a smear/dirt on it. Anyway of cleaning the glass parts without damaging them?

I found keeping it on the chip with the barlow impossible, couldn't even find it :(.

Sion

You've done well to get that image without tracking, it will be a lot harder using a barlow because of the reduced field of view, and the object will move across the field of view quite quickly giving you fewer frames to stack...it's not impossible to do, but it will be frustrating!

There are a number of eyepiece cleaning fluids around. I find baader wonder fluid works quite well. http://www.firstlightoptics.com/misc/baader-optical-wonder-fluid.html

You've done well to get that image without tracking, it will be a lot harder using a barlow because of the reduced field of view, and the object will move across the field of view quite quickly giving you fewer frames to stack...it's not impossible to do, but it will be frustrating!

Ye, definitely frustrating. Hopefully I will be working a lot over summer holidays and want to buy myself a HEQ5 Pro synscan as I want to start in imaging.

There are a number of eyepiece cleaning fluids around. I find baader wonder fluid works quite well. http://www.firstlightoptics.com/misc...der-fluid.html

Thanks for that, hadn't noticed it before :(.

Sion

Archived