Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Bubble Nebular HA AR6

earlybird

This was my second and final target of last night as the clouds rolled in about 1.30 AM.

I was hoping to get a third subject in and was waiting for it to rise a little higher.

So packed the gear away and then the clouds cleared. Sod's law. So watched the meteor shower for half an hour or so and saw many.

Anyway, Meade AR6 at about F5 HA filter ATIK 16HR

Guided by Vixen 70mm and Meade DSI pro.

10 subs of 5 mins and 3 subs of 10 mins.

More processing than recently. Hope I haven't overdone it ?

Will give the AR6 a rest for a while now and try the SN10 out next after tweaking it as have just put a moonlite focuser on it with a Skywatcher motor focuser.

Regards

John

post-13094-133877330493_thumb.jpg

post-13094-133877330506_thumb.jpg

Hi John , you got some really nice detail in the bubble there , not an easy target , but its come out really well , my only comment ,and i hope you dont mind , is the stars, i noticed in the other images, they do seem a bit bloated , have you tried any of Martins Primers for reducing star bloating, if not i can do one for you , noels actions can do it , but doing it yourself ,does a better job ,

Keep u the good work , its coming together good

Rog

Hi John , you got some really nice detail in the bubble there , not an easy target , but its come out really well , my only comment ,and i hope you dont mind , is the stars, i noticed in the other images, they do seem a bit bloated , have you tried any of Martins Primers for reducing star bloating, if not i can do one for you , noels actions can do it , but doing it yourself ,does a better job ,

Keep u the good work , its coming together good

Rog

No I welcome your comments Rog. I have a lot to learn and steering me in the right direction is a big help.

I noticed the AR6 was difficult to focus to pinpoint stars and had the focus cell of it and collimated it.

It's not much better, but the best it can be I think.

Anyway, I have pinched the Skywatcher motor focuser off it and have now fitted it to my WOZS66. so I shall be trying that with the ED80 guiding. There are a few subjuects I want to try in a wider field.

Still want to tinker a bit with the SN10 as just fitted a moonlight focuser to that.

I have played around a bit with the bubble and post my best effort. I have reduced the bloating, but may have overcooked pulling out the detail. It seems a fine balance to my eyes.

Please feel free to show me what I could have done LOL

John

post-13094-133877330533_thumb.jpg

Archived