Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

2" Revelation Barlow - any views?

Does anyone have any experience of the Revelation Astro 2" 2x Barlow? Is it a good one, and are there any comparable or better Barlows at about the same price from other manufacturers? I'm a fan of compression rings, so I'm ruling out the Tal because I understand it isn't a compression ring type system. Thanks!

Hi Andy. I haven't used it but its apparently the same as the GSO and rebranded Revelation for the UK market...http://reviews.agenaastro.com/product-reviews/Optical-Accessories/Barlows/GSO/p/OBAR__GS__GS22B-GSO-2-2x-ED-Barlow-Lens.html

The barlow element can also be removed from the housing and screwed directly to the eyepiece to give 1.5x mag increase. Lots of reviews of the GSO online and appears to be a bit of a bargain.

I have both the 2x and 2.5x 1.25" GSO/Revelation barlows and have no complaints about them. I've posted in another thread recently that I think I'd have trouble telling the 2.5x one apart from the Celestron Ultima.

I'd hope their 2" range is of a similar standard.

James

I have the 2.5x 3-element GSO 1.25" barlow too - it's performance reminds me rather a lot of a Celestron Ultima, as James says. The feedback on other forums on the 2" ED barlow is pretty positive. I doubt there is a better option in that price niche.

• 3 years later...

Archived