Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi from Essex

adamclang

Hi everyone,

I've been into astronomy for a little over two years now, and while I've used many forums to help me on my way, this is the first one I've joined, in fact my first forum post on anything.

I've upgraded a couple of times and now have a SkyWatcher Explorer 250p and an Evostar 80ED DS-Pro, and NEQ6 and a smaller Meade DS-2000 mount to sit them on. I've also got a phillips webcam, and recently a Canon 600d.

I've just about got the hand of collimating my Newtonian using a mix of a laser and Cheshire eyepiece, (after struggling for the first year) though haven't got as far as a good star test as the seeing's been awful when I've tried.

Thought I'd include a few photos as well to hear what people thought, all single exposures done with little to no post-processing (beyond the odd crop) as I haven't quite got the hang of that yet.

Thanks for looking,

Adam

post-36582-133877779974_thumb.jpg

post-36582-13387777998_thumb.jpg

post-36582-133877779987_thumb.jpg

post-36582-133877779995_thumb.jpg

post-36582-133877780002_thumb.jpg

post-36582-133877780008_thumb.jpg

post-36582-133877780013_thumb.jpg

post-36582-133877780018_thumb.jpg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Still got a little way to go on the imaging I feel, doing a decent polar alignment to enable longer exposures for one, and doing something about the light pollution, if anyone's got tips on reducing LP in post-processing i'd be grateful, I've got GIMP but don't know how to use it really.

Si, its nice to know others here are from Essex, I'm near Great Dunmow. Do you go to any of the Essex astronomical societies or otherwise meet up with forum members? It looks like there'll be clear skies again for a while.

Adam

Hi Adam and welcome to the forum. Looks like you're making a good start in imaging and although there is a bit of a steep learning in theory it should level out - at some point! :(:D

Clear skies and enjoy the forum

James

Si, its nice to know others here are from Essex, I'm near Great Dunmow. Do you go to any of the Essex astronomical societies or otherwise meet up with forum members? It looks like there'll be clear skies again for a while.
Hi Adam

I am from Great Dunmow myself. You'd be more than welcome to come and check out North Essex Astronomical Society. We're a friendly and sociable group and hold monthly public stargazing nights at Great Notley Discovery Centre, and lectures at Rivenhall End. We also have access to an observatory near Wakes Colne. You've just missed our latest public stargazing night last night under fabulously clear skies, but the next will be a solar observing afternoon on 23 June.

Feel free to come along to any of our public meetings. There is a growing number of members based this side of Braintree. :(

Rachel

Archived