Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Iridium Flares..

tony4563

Certain I saw two last night for the first time between 2245 and 2300 hours.

I was just stood admiring a truly beautiful, clear night sky, when towards the North I saw what looked like a satellite. All of a sudden it just appeared to grow in size and intensity. It was very "venus" like for a few seconds and gradually dimmed and continued its course.

It was fantastic and I was just struck with awe at this intense white light against the bluey black backdrop.

Great thing was it happened again around 10 minutes later in the same direction.

Brilliant. Made my night :(

And the tumbling iridium are a sight too got iridium 38

0:25 hrs last night , ooh flashing lights.

Check calsky for times.

Was that around The Plough? I thought I saw a tumbler late last night in that direction but I couldn't be sure. It seemed to repeatedly flash, but it was slow each time, not in the way a plane would do onsistently and quickly.

Certain I saw two last night for the first time between 2245 and 2300 hours.

I was just stood admiring a truly beautiful, clear night sky, when towards the North I saw what looked like a satellite. All of a sudden it just appeared to grow in size and intensity. It was very "venus" like for a few seconds and gradually dimmed and continued its course.

It was fantastic and I was just struck with awe at this intense white light against the bluey black backdrop.

Great thing was it happened again around 10 minutes later in the same direction.

Brilliant. Made my night :(

I'm very pleased you posted this sighting as I saw one of these flares as well - I wasn't too sure what it was but it did occur to me that it was an "Iridium" - thanks for confirming it! - I also live in W Yorks.

Archived