SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Crescent Nebula HA ATIK16HR AR6

earlybird

Well this is the result of last night's cut short imaging session.

I tweaked the Optics of the AR6 yesterday, took of the focus cell and re-aligned and collimated.

It's still not pin sharp to focus.

10 x 5min subs Meade AR6 6.3 FR ATIK 16HR HA filter. Guided by Vixen 70mm and DSI.

After an hour along came the dew. This affected the AR6 and not the Vixen. I have a dew strap I have now fitted to the AR6 so hopefully will keep that at bay in the future.

Can you forcast dew by the humidity levels ?

Anyway I think this target may require a lot more subs, or the dew was having an effect before I realised.

If I knew what I was doing on the processing side more, I may be able to pull more out of it.

Please feel free to twiddle.

John

post-13094-133877330423_thumb.jpg

post-13094-133877330433_thumb.jpg

Hi John . thats agood go at a difficult target , it does take some exposure that one , i tend to shy away from it ehhehehe , binning 2x2 would bring more detail out in a shorter time , but like you say i reckon 8 0r 10 min subs for unbinned, should give you a goodun , well done for that image though.

Rog

There's a load more stuff in your image EB, just load it in Photoshop, do a curves and move the curve up in the centre. Really you need to get a grip with processing or post some raw data as its screaming out for reprocessing. I can do loads with the stacked stuff, but that wouldn't do justice to what you have captured.

image.jpg

Kaptain Klevtsov

There's a load more stuff in your image EB, just load it in Photoshop, do a curves and move the curve up in the centre. Really you need to get a grip with processing or post some raw data as its screaming out for reprocessing. I can do loads with the stacked stuff, but that wouldn't do justice to what you have captured.

image.jpg

Kaptain Klevtsov

Many thanks for your help KK.

I have Photoshop CS3 and I went IMAGE - ADJUSTMENTS - CURVES

I was then faced with a box that had a diagonal line bottom left to top right.

I grabbed the middle of the diagonal line and found if I pulled that downwards, it brought out the data more.

I have attached the results.

Many thenks again.

Hopefully I have improved it a bit, but the background is not so black.

John

post-13094-133877330448_thumb.jpg

post-13094-13387733046_thumb.jpg

Archived