Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

proflight2000

SW200P Inwards focus not enough

Hi all

My apologies if this is a repeated items, but i have searched and cannot find anything. My issue is I have my canon 500d attached directly to the SW200P scope as close as is possible to the scopes focuser. Problem is that I need a small bit more inwards focus but I am unable too due to being in as far as it will go. Has anyone any ideas please.

thanks

Buy a low profile focuser or consider some DIY alterations:

Move the secondary supports further down the tube, cut a new focuser opening, you may lose some FOV but you should gain some inward focus.

or...

Remove the primary and cut away some tube to get the primary a little closer to the secondary, again some small loss of FOV.

Tony.

Edited by nightvision

Have you seen the 2" Skywatcher Focuser adaptor that Bernard sells at Modern Astronomy??

Worked for me!!:)

Here is the link:

http://www.modernastronomy.com/accessories.html

(Just after the Finder/guider adaptor)

You unscrew the SW adaptor from the draw tube and screw this straight on on, which gives you extra inwards focus.:(

Wayne

post-18037-133877779743_thumb.jpg

I had the same problem with my Newt. I couldn't find a lo-pro adapter, so I wound up combining 2 adapters by splitting them in half and simply gluing them together. this gives me almost 1/2" of focus to play with now.

Edited by MidnightSun

You don't need anything extra. The 2"-1.25" eyepiece adapter unscrews into 2 pieces. Attach your T-ring to the lower piece, and that's it. Should work fine.

Maybe we should have a sticky on this. I've answered this question at least 3 times this week alone! :hello2: