HEQ5 SynScan Goto

asteele3

All you need to run this is a ciggy adapter from Maplins which costs £19.99!

I tried it from about 9-10.30 just inside last night and it works (well it moves) I just need to get the coordinates right and then do the alignment!

By the way how do you set up the GPS on it? And how do you find the right coordinates for North, South, East and West?

Thanks,

Andrew.

Andrew, For the GPS function to work on the HEQ 5 you must have a GPS reciever for it. Alternatively you can use a compass on an Iphone, or search the internet for the co ordinates.

LES: Other than EQMOD, what other software works with this dongle? Does it come with its own software?

search the internet for the co ordinates

The simplest way I've found to get a precise Lat/Long is from Google Maps

Go to http://maps.google.co.uk and enter your postcode in the search bar. That'll throw up your street, or the part of it nearest to your house. The right-click and release on where your house is. That gets you a little popup menu. Select the What's here? option. Then you'll get your Lat/Long inserted into the Google Maps search bar.

Archived