Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Ultra /Ultra wide field American and Pelican plus nebulosity

CELESCOPE

Cor blimey love a duck ., this one is very popular lately , anyway thought i would have a bash as well ,always wanted to get the wider field of this area, using the 50mm helios slr lens attached to the Atik 16hr, and H-Alpha filter , done exposures from 60 secs to 8 mins ,OVER I HOUR IN ALL, seemed to hold 8 mins unguided no problem , wish i had kept to that , but on the main 4 min exposures was the norm used .

looks kinda cute seeing this whole area in miniture heheheheh , pelican can plainly be seen .

Cheers

Rog

image.jpg

image.jpg

Blimey Rog. Thats very wide indeed, I think you and I were on the same wavelength (that would be Ha :() only you got some sky. I had a 35mm SLR lens stuck on my Atik all ready for the cloud free sky but it never happened. It looks like I might have been going a tad too wide though looking at your image.

Great shot and no mistake!

What f/ stop was the lens set to just out of interest? 8 minutes binned (?) seems a long time.

Kaptain Klevtsov

Hi KK , had the lens at f4 found this to be the best , i did use 2x2 binned , as was imaging at various exposures , , i did try a few 8 mins exposure , and surpised that i could go that long , on reflection , i wish i had gone unbinned now , dont think it will be clear tonight , but next clear night will try unbinned.

Rog

Hi Rog, we did indeed have the same idea last night, even down to the focal length!! I really like wide field images like yours here and it is great to be able to compare the Ha version with an RGB version. This is just such a lovely area of the sky with so much to see!

Archived