Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Second attempt at Saturn

RikM

I don't post in here very often :)

I have been a bit under the weather of late, so I fancied something a bit quicker than deep sky AP. This planetary stuff is a bit of a faff though isn't it :(

250PX on NEQ6 pro. I used a Skywatcher deluxe 2x barlow and a dead Meade barlow as an extension tube. Luminance came from my QHY5 guide camera and colour from my flashed Philips SPC880NC. Stacking with AS!2, wavelets in Registax 6 and general tom-foolery in Photoshop CS3.

I am not happy with the colour. I think the lovely orange hue comes from the Skywatcher barlow and can't seem to be able to fix it. Nevermind... any advice what I did wrong greatly appreciated.

picture.php?albumid=1022&pictureid=17563

Nice image Rik!

more than equals what I can get with my DFK.

I would agree the colour looks 'odd' but I am getting the same sort of colour with Saturn at the moment.

I'm no expert so I wont give you any advice other than keep at it.

Try using your Skymax or one of your refractors and see if you get the same colour...........at least it will be the right way up......:(

If you apply Auto Colour in Photoshop to the rings the contrast gives the image a bit more depth.

You probably knew this already but there are at least three moons in shot........Don't know which ones though as the time is not shown.

post-13495-133877779371_thumb.jpg

Nice shot Rik :(

I don't think the colour is coming from the Barlow? More likely from camera settings!

Try auto white balance, or if that isn't satisfactory balance the colour manually on screen. If all else fails just capture with an equal histo for each channel and it can be sorted out later

Archived