Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Last image for some time : Iris Nebula

Catanonia

This is going to be my last image for sometime as my CCD is broken again and needs to be shipped back to the manufacturer. So will definately be a few months before I image again. Not too bad with the late evenings in the summer. Allow me to concentrate on my new hobby, Golf :(

So here is 45mins per channel LRGB in 3 min subs with the TS Super Newt @ F2.8

I really wanted to get even more data on this other than 3 hours, but the CCD packed in and that was that.

Subs : 45min in 3m subs per channel = 3hours total.

Scope : TS SuperNewt 200mm @F2.8

CCD : QHY9 Mono with 2inch filters

Guide : TS OAG, QHY5, NEQ6Pro and PHD

Software : Processed with PI and CS5

I hope you like

post-16631-133877778849_thumb.jpg

Very nice indeed.... I've been trying to get some frames of this over the last few myself, but whilst the scope's been out every night, and everything appears to be going great, the transparency's not been up to much... and I suspect that the transparency will now get better, but then the wind will take over :).

The only past-time I've ever done which comes anywhere near to eing as frustrating as astro-imaging.... is Golf :(.

(I hope your camera gets fixed soon...)

3 hours? Gordon Bennett, that's amazingly deep. Beautiful prcessing as well, to bring out the golden stars reddened by dust extinction. Colour looks bang on right across the image. I've said this before but I think it's your best yet!

Sorry about the camera but it's at least the right season for you northeners.

Olly

Thanks all for the kind comments.

Olly : Yeah only 3 hours, 45 mins per channel in 3 min subs, when it is on song, this scope is quick with a captial Q :(

Not too fussed about the CCD as long as it doesn't cost me too much, this time of year only about 3 hours or less of proper imaging time and so much to do over the next few months anyway. Nice to get a break and sleep :)

NightVision : The QHY9 has been a great camera, just after 18 months developed a fault on a board that Modern and I have been trying to self fault find. Now it is time to go back to QHY to be done properly. 50 - 50 whether I would buy again, but probably would due to the price and the 2 inch filter set.

woohoo got the CCD fixed. Decided to give it one more go and stripped it all and cleaned all the CCD connectors with a fine toothbrush and acetone as this is the common problem with the QHY9 if water gets into it. Corrosion of the contacts. I did this a few times and failed, so this time really went to town on it and dried it under a hot lamp.

Put it back together and took a dark and Bingo :(

Working again now :(

woohoo got the CCD fixed. Decided to give it one more go and stripped it all and cleaned all the CCD connectors with a fine toothbrush and acetone as this is the common problem with the QHY9 if water gets into it. Corrosion of the contacts. I did this a few times and failed, so this time really went to town on it and dried it under a hot lamp.

Put it back together and took a dark and Bingo :hello2:

Working again now :)

Glad you got it fixed Steve. That doesn't do much for QHY's reputation as a DIY camera though :p

Archived