How do you charge the HEQ5?

asteele3

How do you charge the heq5? it comes with a monitor lead for the computer and a cigarette lead for the car but what use is that to us human beings?!

Am I missing something here or am I losing the plot?

Thanks all,

AMS.

How do you charge the heq5? it comes with a monitor lead for the computer and a cigarette lead for the car but what use is that to us human beings?!

Am I missing something here or am I losing the plot?

Thanks all,

AMS.

The "monitor" lead does not connect to the vga monitor output on your computer. It is a DB9 serial lead and you will probably need a usb-serial adapter to connect your handset to the computer to allow you to update the handset firrmware or control the mount from a computer.

Peter

I use the 5A 12V mains version from Modern Astronomy. It drives the HEQ5, two home made dew heaters (80 & 120mm) and flats light box. So I am looking at a 3A drain give or take. Canon DSLR is driven from a separate 7.4V 2A mains supply.

the other option is to use a large 12v leasure battery, or a 12v powerpack, i was in maplins the other day and there was a 12v 7AH pack for 24.99 its effectly a jump starter but it has a cigar power port

aldis and B&M also sell them too

Well if just heq5 the power pack be great. If anything else might be a good idea to count up it's amp hours see how long the 7 gives you. I have the 4 in one with compressor and it has a 17AH battery. For £35. Just make sure you keep chargin and draining it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived