Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Am I Missing Something?

New NEQ6 Pro and can't move the latitude of the mount as it seems seized solid. I was able to move it from about 35 to 30 degrees but it won't go back the other way. Am I missing something? I've taken the mount off of the tripod, removed the two latitude adjusters completely and the joint is just solid, it should move quite freely I'm guessing. I can't believe this has happened!

Please someone tell me I've done something wrong! :):)

Andy

You haven't done anything wrong. The lat adjustment can be VERY stiff to move by hand. Without the bolts in reAlly try to move it up towards 50plus degrees. If it doesn't want to move try with the rear bolt only BUT do not apply stupid amounts of effort by hand to elevate it. If its brand new then contact the supplier and talk to them if it just too tight as bending bolts is a real possibility

Sent from my phone thingie using my fingers

Hi,

I've tried with just the one bolt, I've managed to move it only a little then it locks up and would take what I consider to be silly pressure, incase it strips anything. I've spoken to the supplier and emailed them, but what a bu**er, getting so excited and now, talk about deflated, that isn't the word.

Andy

Stick it on the tripod, remove the adjusters and grab the head whilst steadying the tripod. Now rock it back and forth the full range of it's movement. It may well loosen up a bit. Just keep doing it and it will free up. HTH

Finally done it! Now I'm not a small guy by any means but it took both hands and literally every ounce of strength to move the ****** with the ajuster. It would unwind from 30 right down to 10 degrees exactly how you'd expect, but getting it back again was another matter entirely. Got it back eventually to 40 degrees after spraying several times with WD40 and leaving it for a few minutes each time, then managing a few turns with a tea towel wrapped around the adjuster head, I'm really surprised that the inordinate amount of pressure I had to use didn't actually bend or break anything. When it got to 40 degrees it seized again, couldn't budge it for love nor money. So I stuck a counterweight on it and spun the Dec axis round so the extra weight was working for me and not against me. I slackened the adjuster off a little, got my daughter to lift under the Dec puck whilst I pulled down on the counterweight bar, then suddenly it jumped a little and started moving more freely. Perhaps it was a bit of the powder coating on the mating edges or something I'm not sure. Managed to set it to the 51 degrees and at least I can fine tune it now whereas before it was a case of Bob Hope and no hope!

Thank you for your quick replies of advice, I'm really grateful.

Andy

Archived