Light pollution filter

as with my telrad, another why did i not get one of these earlier items,

small cheap and makes quite a difference to the viewing experiance, certainly makes the background darker and improves contrast, i may buy a couple more so i dont need to keep swapping it between eyepieces.

how much light it blocks is quite amazing, holding it between finger and thumb i looked through it directly at a street light, wow it may as well have been turned off, all cast light was blocked and all i could see was the light itself but considerably dimmed, panning around the sky you can see what a difference it makes to light pollution. i just hope they find a way to make one that blocks these new type of street lights that may be energy efficient but are way too bright.

+ 1 for the Telrad, Jabber Wockey. If possible, could you mention the name of the filter you're using? I've been looking around and it seems the narrowband UHC 'nebula filters' often come up as okayish LP filters.

Archived