what i want to buy.....SWVG

garethmob

well we have a what we bought thread

i thought id start a what i want to buy

i know we could easly go off with a "high end scopes we will never aford" so lets keep it reasonable and sensibal:P

my list not in any order (i need to priotise though)

CaK filter for scope

Webcam / DMK/DBK

decent eyepeice (ES)

CLS clip filter for EOS

ball head

i will probally add more but thats it for time being!

lets see yours

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me it is the ES 14mm 100 degree to complete my set, an Antares 2" 1.6 x Barlow and a complete set of Baader filters. The telrad is already on its way!

What's a ball head Gaz?

I'm after a new scope, currently thinking of an OOuk dob but who knows 'cos I keep changing my mind every week.

Other stuff is a 28mm nirvana, a 2" UHC filter, a pair of bins, and a tracking platform for the dob-to-be.

the ball head.... basacally a tripod ball head, i need either a 3/4" to 1"4 adapter or a new ball head, the astrotrac has an annoying screw head on the top for camera, i have a type of head but it has a bit of flex at certain angles :)

On wish list is an easily transportable scope, I don't trust myself moving 200 dob. Mainly though I'm hoping SW Panaview turns up soon. Oh and a course on collimating.

Theres a couple of us bring 200p's to the group observing sessions CD - Have you given it a go? - mount in the boot, OTA with seat belt on the back seat of the car - it seems to work fine.

Theres a couple of us bring 200p's to the group observing sessions CD - Have you given it a go? - mount in the boot, OTA with seat belt on the back seat of the car - it seems to work fine.

Haven't been to any dark site yet, a bit of a worrier where collimating is concerned and keep thinking I'll knock it out of collimation & won't know how to get it fixed. I know, wuss! I'll try it sometime when I get a bit of confidence.

If you haven't done it before - next time you get a chance to come to Blaenavon bring it along - I'm sure Mat or one of the other more experienced guys will do it for you - doesn't take long- Mat did mine for the first time (I'd have a go myself but I'm fairly new to it (unfortunately) - they really are a friendly and helpful bunch.

take care

Steve

I definitely want a SKYLINER 200p dobsonian but that's going to take me a while to save up for.

There is also the PH047 Ultra Afocal Digital Camera Support (recommended by Gaz, thanks) to make my astrophotography easier (I've taken a few shots of the sun and a partial one of the moon but I find it tricky).

I really want to get a 200mm OTA, I know it's too big for astrophotography on the EQ5, but should be fine for visual stuff, and I haven't really started down the photography route anyway.

I'd also like to buy a new set of eyes, mine are a bit worn out now.

Archived