SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M27 Ha and OIII

MartinB

Whoohoo!! Finally got my SXV adaptive optics unit working smoothly. Did a very careful polar alignment drifting at x600. Worked a treat although a couple of subs were lost when the guide star faded for some unknown reason.

NS8 with 0.67 reducer. SXV H9 with AO. 8x500 secs for both Ha and OIII. Combined in maxim. Luminence is a combined Ha and OIII. Some deconvolution in CCD sharp. For the RGB I used the OIII as both a green and red channel and the Ha as red. Merged and processed in PS. So I guess this is L (Ha and OIII) Ha OIII OIII. Was making it up as I went along but seems to have worked OK.

The only treatment I have applied to the stars is a minimum filter to the 2 largest ones. I'm a happy bunny with the AO now! :(:):lol:

954_thumbnail.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a happy bunny with the AO now! :(:):lol:

And so you should be!!, that's a rather nice result Martin.

Some really nice detail showing in the two 'side lobes', which often isn't apparent with many M27 images.

Glad you've 'got to grips' with the AO system.

Dave

Very well done Martin, all that hard work has paid off Mate . looks like you have the crown now mate thats some image ,its so pleasing to see this , how you have progressed, remember when you came to me ,just starting out , and now look at ya , i hope everyone on here can see how progression is made ,

!!Me thinks !! have to pull my socks up now eheheh

Rog

Archived