Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Season Finale - Rosette Nebula HST-Palette

Grinde

Hi folks, here's the result of the data I gathered on the rosette this winter! It's been a long way going back & forth between different versions of the palette, until I finally managed to tune the colors into this. I used separate RGB-exposures for the stars

Takahashi FSQ106EDXIII

QSI 583wsg

10Micron GM2000 HPS

Total time 4h50m, all subs unguided

HA: 4*20min

O3: 5*20min

S2: 4*20min

RGB: 2*5min / channel (for stars)

Please click image for the 100% version (3326 * 2495)

7235339862_e286c723b8_b.jpg

Here's the old HaRGB version:

6920529243_013b252a75.jpg

Thank you all for watching, it's been a great season! Can't wait for the return of the dark skies in the end of august.

Best Regards

Jonas Grinde

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Absolutely stunning work, the large version has me looking from one feature to the next so much detail to see.

Thanks Danielle, that's exactly why I love this fov/image-scale so much, you can virtually "fly around" and explore, finding new features & details

Jonas, it's a beautiful image and surprisingly deep for such a short total integration time. I love the colours - what was the final palette you used?

Regards

Derrick

Cheers Derrick! I would prefer having at least twice the exposures on this one, but the result was still pleasing. I used the "regular" S2/Ha/O3 as R/G/B, but changed the hue slightly for each filter, giving a more "gold'ish" look to the S2 & Ha, and bringing the O3 to something between blue & cyan. The saturation of the individual colors was also adjusted.

When I spotted this thread, I knew it would be a pearl, and I wasn't wrong.....a very fine Rosette and great colour.

What technique did you use to apply the RGB stars?

Rob

Absolutely fantastic. Beats the socks off any image I've seen.

Now I'm going to have to research how to replace images held in Stellarium because I'd dearly like to have a copy of this in there!

Stunning on all counts, processing and capture. Lovely tiny stars make this look like a professional size telescope image.

I'll always prefer natural colour to anything else but you make a hell of a case for the Hubble palette here, Jonas.

Olly

Archived