Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Viewed shuttle Endeavour & the ISS - WOW!

Hi All,

Just saw Shuttle & ISS fly over @ 10:32pm. ISS was BRIGHT! Then with a minute or so Endeavour followed behind. Am chuffed to say the least, what with UK weather, chances of seeing shuttle pre doc..... you get what I mean :(

Anybody else fortunate enough to see them?

James

Yes mate - how good was that? The actually watch the "star" going over and to say to yourself - there's some one on there, and they are chasing the others :( I agree WOW!

Just processing the images now! They look OK on the camera preview screen.

Will post them in a bit.

I saw them fly over at 10:30 near Chester...wow! :( But i spent the whole time trying to video them. Obviously they came out as bright blobs. Gonna catch them in the binos at 12:00 if i can!

First time view of ISS for me, pretty bright and fast moving too!

Watched it with the wifey who quite enjoys staring at the heavens like me :(

One thing, why did it only rise at 10 deg W and set (disappear) so high at 30 deg E?

Is that the depth of atmoshphere or just visual eye limit due to its size?

One thing, why did it only rise at 10 deg W and set (disappear) so high at 30 deg E?

Is that the depth of atmoshphere or just visual eye limit due to its size?

You only get to visiaully see the ISS when you are in darkening skies but they are still in the sunlight (morning and evening). It passed into the Shadow of the Earth. It did rise actually at 0 degrees W, but its so way down in the murk that you just cant see it until it rises a little further.

During the morning passes, it emerges from the shadow and heads off towards the horizon

Archived