Narrowband

Kielder deep field - Final part of Kielder star party spring 2012 (Part 4)

robbieince

Some of you might have seen my earlier published pictures of my Spring 2012 Kielder star party imaging activities, well here's something a bit different.

Attached is a pdf write up of a little project I tried whilst at Kielder - something I called the Kielder deep Field - basically an attempt to image the Hubble Deep field area and see what I could get.....

Quite chuffed is an understatement....

Kielder deep field.pdf

Well done Robbie, That was no mean feat you accomplished, and you deserve a lot of credit. You ought to get that off to one of the principle Astronomy Magazines under the Title "Challenging Hubble" I'm sure they would publish your achievement.

It certainly deserves recognition.

Top Job Mate :):icon_salut:;)

Ron.

That was an awesome idea, and I would certainly be pretty chuffed with the results. I was doing my own maths based on your figures and couldnt quite get the same numbers... then realised you made out the hubble mirror to be 2.4km Ø I think you meant 2.4 m!! lol the numbers then made sense.

mag 22.8 and 6.1 billion ly...WOW

Most impressive Rob, I Loved the summary break down and the time and effort that's been put in, Just a thought are you going to add any extra data to this to see if you can beat your very deep + 22.8 or are you calling it finished.

Very interesting project well done.

Paul

Oops, your right, it's a typo on the mirror size - it should be 2400mm not 2400m..... Thanks for pointing that out. At least the math is right. .

Ron - I might send it to astronomy now - they may be interested. I may need to play with it a bit more first.

Paul - I will probably leave it here but was considering doing a direct comparison from my light polluted home.

Thanks everyone

Regards

Rob

Thanks everyone - much appreciated. Given its not your normal run of the mill pretty picture, I am very satisfied with the result. It certainly shows that you can detect some pretty faint / distant objects with modern amateur equipment - OK it's no Hubble in terms of resolution but the depth is still pretty impressive.

Thanks again to everyone for their kind comments.

Regards

Rob

Archived