Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Starlight Instruments

Earl

I placed an order for a Synta/Orion adapter for my Feathertouch focuser, this was dispatched and in the UK within 2 Working days, took the UK postal services a week to get it to me.

Packaging was excellent, bubble-wrap, foam bits and double wall box.

Emails were answered same day, and the adapter is very well made and works a treat.

• 6 months later...

There is a surprising lack of dealers in the uk for Starlight given that feather touch focusers are so widely regarded as the best in the realistic price point.

I ended up going direct to get what I was after and exchanged mails with Wayne to agree what was needed.

Very professional and happy to deal with customers in the UK direct if you are looking at a nice upgrade.

Cheers

Stuart

• Like 1

• 7 years later...

Having recently been struggling with the amount of travel on a Feather Touch focuser and beginning to give up I decided to give the makers an e-mail to see if they had any thoughts. Wayne at Starlight Instruments responded suggesting the addition of a particular spacer may well be the answer and further suggested that he could send one to me. Out of the blue today arrived UPS with a cardboard box that could have contained a thousand spacers but inside was just one that cured my problem. No cost to me was involved. Excellent service in these difficult times.   

Edited by Grierson

I recently, from our classifieds, got a 3” Feathertouch focuser which I plan to attach to my Stellarvue SVX140T refractor, replacing its stock focuser. Inevitably I need extra adapters, one from Starlight and one from SV. I ordered and paid for the relevant bits from Starlight in the USA last night, to be delivered to Ireland.

Immediately on doing that, I went to my email to check whether I had an acknowledgment. Rather than the usual auto-generated “order confirmed” message, I got this pair of emails:

Magnus,
 Hello.  I think I can get this shipped out today still.  My FedEx guy already came, but I have to take another package to the facility so I will take yours. I do have the address in Ireland.  I imagine it is beautiful and maybe out in the middle of nowhere?  It won’t give me an estimated delivery date.  Sometimes the stuff I ship to England gets there in 2 days, so you should have it next week sometime.  I didn’t use USPS because they have recently lost a lot of my international packages.
Your FedEx tracking number is 

I hope your day was good.
  ….

Also,  FedEx really wanted my business so they gave me some really nice international rates.  I haven’t had time to put it on the website.  Chris will be issuing you a partial refund for the freight cost difference.

Dena Joseph
President
Starlight Instruments, LLC

The email was within minutes of ordering. What a lovely-sounding company!

Cheers, Magnus

• Like 11