How can I never have heard of AstroBoot?!

badgerchap

I cannot believe it!

Why-oh-why did none of you tell me about AstroBoot???!!!!

What a cracking little webpage. Could've saved me a packet (or just made me buy more) over the years!

Well glad I've found it now!

Believe me. Astroboot will *never* save you a packet :)

It is however very handy for picking up odds and sods that you can't get anywhere else, as well as bits for projects and things that look like they'll come in useful one day...

James

I cannot believe it!

What a cracking little webpage. Could've saved me a packet (or just made me buy more) over the years!

Certainly been mentioned on here more than a few times badgerchap. I wouldn't say it was cheap, but you can find bits and pieces that you cannot get elsewhere and that is always useful.:)

I cannot believe it!

Oh you are bad!!!

*goes shopping*

iv bought loads of stuff off there in the past, my latest was 2 parafocal rings but havent gotten around to using them yet. as above some things are "expensive" and iv notced more decent things being added resently but i really could do with another pair of decent bins for the venus transisition and sun spots.....

DAM YOU ALL :):p

astroboot MEH!!!!!

ordered a 1.25" barlow, was cheap at a fiver, this was monday and along with a filter case. 1,25" 90 degree mirror box. today my bag turns up minus the barlow ( was for a 50mm finder/guide scope mod, that idea out of the window). 4 days delivery time this week, last time was 7 days and a phonecall. but i purchased filters from main store and was phonecalled because item not in stock would i like a replacement item.

they was so kind to add a sticker to my order sheet this time saying " refresh astroboot page before purchase. ( item refused, money returned). now go to astroboot and search the filter for 1.25" only. oh yes the barlow is still there but wait, Its been Sold !!.

the meade 17mm eyepiece with rubber eye cup missing, still shows and again , its been sold i know because that eyepiece is sitting in my astro box. and a mighty fine eyepiece to.

quick warning, refreshing the page does nothing so be careful, when buying from the Aboot as some items are clearly not in stock but shown on site and able to purchase. maybe worth a phonecall to check if you see something you want, rather than jump in at the deep end like i did.

I was a lil apprehensive about ordering off SnS, but so far its been OK. The tripod I ordered is due at my door in about an hour according to the courier. Must say I know they are hit and miss,but it has only been 3 days! Let's see what actually turns up haha...

Also, I did refresh the page after my purchase just for piece of mind, and my tripod had gone. I guess they fixed the bug and it updates straight away now!

Not sent from a Galaxy S2 on Slim ICS.

Not the Barlow, I was looking at filters etc and just general goodies. I fancy a light pollution filter and a nice ep

filters are not bad at all sanmatt.

i got some colored filters, cheap but doing the job well, found the Green, Red, violet to be good quality astro revelation (GSO so it seems)

got a antares moon filter but found quality not as top notch as the AR colored filters.

an AE uv/ir filter caused headaches but after cleaning and reseating both the moon and hot mirror preform well.

Oh great, another one knows now!

Shhhhs be quiet, have had some bargins from there.

HA! Now we see your plan - just trying to keep secrets ;)

Actually I had some pretty bad experiences with ol' Scopes n Skies when I first started observing. Ordered a Skywatcher 130 M on next day delivery, waited 2 weeks and couldn't even get through on the phone. Same prob 1st time I bought an EP. But that was years ago and I've learnt now :)

Archived