Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

SteveA

A quick M104

Just managed to snap around 30 mins woth of M104 the other night before losing it behind the neighbours house..

I know it needs a load more data to bring out the detail but unless the weather improves fairly rapidly over the next couple of weeks..this may be it until 2013. Sad really as I was hoping to make this target a proper project this spring...but like everyone else I've been done in by the weather.

6 x 300 sec L

M104bL_DBE2.jpg

Edited by SteveA

Great result, even more so given the short time at the scope.:)

Mike.

That's good for a short run on such a difficult target :)

Great result, even more so given the short time at the scope.:)

Mike.

Interestingly... I may have had a bit more data if I had remembered to start PHD before diving inside...I only realised I had no guiding after about 30 mins of imaging!...needless to say I did come out with some choice language!..I felt a bit of a wally!;)

I do love this galaxy..some of the high res images I've seen are awe inspiring....possibly my favourite...just a pity its so low in the sky.

Steve

Nice image considering the lack of exposure time, had a go at this one the other night but gave up as it was to low down on the horizon.

Nice shot one of my all time favorite galaxy's this one.

Agreed.

Strangely enough I was just reading about the Sombrero in Astronomy Now and it appears it's an hybrid. An elliptical galaxy with an embedded disc galaxy,a sought of 'inbetweeny'..........not many people know that........:)

Steve,I hope you don't mind but I had a bash at adding a little bit of colour to your image just to get an idea of what it would look like with colour data.

post-13495-133877776107_thumb.png