Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Not sure what to make of this one ??

spaceboy

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Skywatcher-200p-Skyliner-8-reflector-Dobsonian-telescope-/110879333517?pt=UK_Photography_Telescopes&hash=item19d0ec5c8d Has he listed the quantity as 5 to make you more comfortable that it is indeed new or there are indeed 5 assembled unused scopes for sale ??? I would be a little dubious to believe it is anything other than a single used scope.

Interesting price, that is until you include the £38 warranty for one year (yet the scope should be under warranty anyway) or the two year option £57, both of which takes the price over that offered by FLO, which naturally includes their reliable customer service and advice. The above practise of attempting to give you something that you have already paid for and overstating that is come already 'professional' built, sounds like trying a little to hard to capture your interest. Buyer beware!

James

Interesting price, that is until you include the £38 warranty for one year (yet the scope should be under warranty anyway) or the two year option £57, both of which takes the price over that offered by FLO, which naturally includes their reliable customer service and advice. The above practise of attempting to give you something that you have already paid for and overstating that is come already 'professional' built, sounds like trying a little to hard to capture your interest. Buyer beware!

James

To note, most stuff like this (albeit perishable goods) have a 5 year fit for use refund policy from the manufacturer ..DONT get caught up in the "We can extend.. bs" They'll only do your doing.

Sorry, felt I needed to say that James.:)

I'd just like to point out that the warrenties offered on eBay are from squaretrade, they have nothing to do with the seller at all. All of these are automatically offered and there is nothing as a seller you can do to stop it from appearing. I only say this as there is a lot of bad feeling from sellers on eBay over it, but eBay refuse to remove it. Squaredeal have done some sort of deal with eBay to get it on all relevant listings, unfortunately this extends to certain telescopes. I've had many heated discussions with eBay about it appearing on my listings which have nothing to do with scopes BTW.

Great advice that has always stood me in good stead is of course 'if it looks too good to be true, it probably is....'

Tread with caution. I'd rather pay more for complete piece of mind and after sales support.

Glen, a fair point made there. I didn't realise the manufacturer's warranty extended that far. Many thanks "perkil8r" for the clarification as I hadn't realised that's what was going on, though it has been done in such a way as to make it appear to be part of the sellers price.

James

Archived