Narrowband

my first dso!!!

rpmiller78

Gives you quite a buzz finding your first one. Mine was M82 amd I got so excited I forgot M81 was real close otherwise I could've bagged the two of them on the same night.

Well done :)

On my first outing with binos and my new (at the time) iPad I looked at Hyades (C41) then accidentally tripped over Pleiades (M45) which I'd somehow never noticed naked eye, then went looking for M44 which was all sorts of awesome! I didn't realise it yet but looking back that was when I started on the inevitable path to my first scope... There's something amazing about that first DSO view isn't there?

I still haven't seen M13 yet, but it's on my hotlist for the next clear night ;)

Kev

i just bought an orion xt8 8" dobsonian with a 25mm eye piece. this is my first scope. i have been looking for the ones by the big dipper, but have been comming up empty handed. i do have a moderatly light polluted sky to deal with due to madison and the ongoing construction at epic systems.

Well done. M13 is quite something. It needs a bit more time to get higher in the sky at the moment, but I'd recommend hunting down the Wild Duck cluster. It's every bit as impressive as M13 imnsho.

James

Archived