SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

FINALLY - i took the plunge skyliner 250px

skywatcher250

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yay finally it has arrived !!!!!

Work is gonna drag so much today. Might leave early.

How exciting

:evil6: awesome!!

I intend to make my shroud and shield properly tomorrow rather than tacked on with masking tape :(. So will make a write up with pics etc as I can't find any online? Only pics of what others have made.

The glacial pace time has slowed down for you this afternoon will be well worth it, be prepared though the boxes are hu-owge :)!!

Bumfluff :)

haha - excellent ! spatial awareness and time have warped for me today

i think i will be sewing the velcro onto the edges of the cut to shape neoprene... im not quite sure how that will work yet haha !

ive added my blog to my signature (not that ive used it yet ) so ill get all the info on there as i go

cant WAIT to get home now !!!

wow ! i dont need much more convincing than that really !

ok haha - ill be going then !!!! ill be in that garden at 10pm and back in by 12 (Assuming i can put everything together etc !!!!!!!) i may not even collimate (again if i can work that out properly to) tonight - just look !

Search for Astro baby's collimation guide ... you can get an idea If its nearly ok by looking in the EP hole to see if it all looks centred.

Is this you first scope, I thought you has the 200 already and you were upgrading?

Sent from my HD2Droid

I'm here - the truss tube has a pretty large dent in it !!! gutted :)

ok onto the better stuff - everything arrived, dent aside its a fine looking piece - the moon is showing herself at the minute and looks pretty darn good - just using the 10 and 25 ep's for now and the celestron 2x barlow I've bought

I've emailed FLO and asked how i proceed - the annoying thing is there are none left for months - so i guess I'm stuck with the dent... have to see how it goes

gonna hook up the power tank in a min and get set up but for the minute i pointed at the moon and looked haha

so thats only half first light - not first light... watch this space :)

love from a dented scope and a slightly miffed yet determined owner :(

whoever had it first (seems odd that someone should have though ? ) they have tilted it so the tube is up/down and lent in and picked up by the handles

right I'm back in now as its early days with a young baby - saw the moon for an hour (daylight to dusk) saw some fine views in the 10 and 25mm however very very shimmery - is that an indication of a hot day with heat escaping the earth?

saw saturn - much harder to focus than i remember last year, anyway - got it looking a bit tiny + 4 moons and eventually got it clearish again in the 10 - again is it just me or awful seeing conditions tonight ?

Archived