SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Books

Gaz15

Yes Gaz, lived there in the early 60's, went to Omagh Technical College, done a lot of fishing on the Drumragh, Camowen and Strule, worked in Blacks Furniture shop when I left school before moving away.

My parents lived there until about mid 80's when they moved to near Lurgan.

naz

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enniskillen eh, Im from Ederney myself, if you remember it....

YMCA aint there now more, prepare yourself for a shock...........

The tech was flattened about three years ago and new ultra modern one built on the lot, the townhall in the middle of the town, the same and art centre and exhibition hall, the Mart showgrounds (Sedan Av.) now a shopping centre, the Royal Arms hotel, floored and now a shopping promonade.... and finally Sally OBriens at the head of John Street brought to the ground just this week ;):wink:

There are probably a lot more changes (especially the bottom of the town :(), but I cant think just now but definately a different landscape now than then, but hi thats progress for ya.

I vaguely remember Ederney, not surprised about the changes, some of it because of "events" over the last 30 years, and more from the need to keep up with the rest of the world.

I was there about 15 years ago now, and then there were changes happening.

Any way hope you are getting your books sorted, and if there are any questions you need answering, ask away, as you have seen, someone will have the answer, or know where to find it.

Naz

Archived